MOST RECENT POSTS
- This Week In Audience: Orchestras For All, General Audiences For Nobody?This Week’s Insights: The myth of arts-for-all… Could we bring America together with orchestras?… TV is still ... [read more]
- Fruscella & Moore: An Important FindTrumpeter Tony Fruscella and tenor saxophonist Brew Moore were admired members of the generation that succeeded the pioneers of bebop. Lester Young was a direct influence on ... [read more]
- Tales of Doomsday ErosSupervert is — as he writes— “the assumed name of a writer using the techniques of vanguard aesthetics to explore novel sexual pathologies.” His latest book, the fifth in a ... [read more]
- High Culture Without Apologies — What Orchestras Can DoThe current Weekly Standard has a long piece by me about the future of American orchestras. I write that orchestras can help us to heal our shredded national fabric and ... [read more]
- Litmus Fracas: Should Museum Board Members Be Politically Vetted?