Banff Centre for Arts & Creativity is seeking a dynamic and collaborative Director of Presenting who will be responsible for building and developing a presenting calendar which delivers on successful commercial and curated series, festivals, shows and presentations across multiples genres.
The Director, Presenting is accountable for the strategic development, annual and multi-year planning, management and successful delivery of all of Banff Centres’ Presenting activities. This includes robust mainstage and arts programming presentations, and a curated educational arts programming series that contributes to Banff Centre’s profile and reputation. S/he is responsible for the revenue generation and financial management of all presenting series and programs.
The Director also oversees Audience Services (Box Office and Front of House) and is accountable for a high-caliber audience experience at all Banff Centre events.
Reporting to the Managing Director of Events and Public Engagement, the Director, Presenting has the following accountabilities:
- Work within the strategic objectives of the Vice President, Arts and Banff Centre’s strategic plan, to design, curate and produce high-caliber events that build audience and ensure consistent audience experiences and the long-term stability and visibility of Banff Centre’s Presenting activities.
- Prepare, manage, and forecast financial planning and budget development for programs and presentations, including the preparation of all grant applications and reports.
- Plan, curate, produce and manage a balanced template of year round presentations that will keep Banff Centre’s production and marketing capacities in mind, while best representing the Centre’s mandate and showcasing the work of Banff Centre artists.
- Develop and implement a presenting outreach strategy regionally, nationally and internationally.
- Support and manage Banff Centre’s arts based local and regional presenting community activities including developing and coordinating an overall strategy for Bow Valley Community events that require Banff Centre support.
- Manage all aspects for effective delivery of all Banff Centre Presentations including artist contracts, providing/arranging onsite care for guest artists, meeting riders, artist check in, providing itineraries etc.
- Work with Conferences to book revenue specific presenting opportunities in time periods where Banff Centre has capacity to sell room and meal packages
- Disseminate all technical and production information to appropriate personnel and information specifically required for the advanced booking of function/venue/bedroom space for public events and performances.
- In partnership with Marketing, develop strategies and plans that ensure the successful promotion of Banff Centre presenting events.
- Establish a presenting brand, ticket pricing and ticketing policies in consultation with the Box Office and Marketing.
- Represent Banff Centre at regional, provincial, national, or international workshops, conferences, and other industry events when appropriate, in order to research potential artists, partners, and to promote and disseminate Banff Centre Presenting information.
Qualification and Educational Requirements
- 5-10 years’ management experience
- University degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience and proven success with presenting festivals and events with background in both curatorial and commercial presenting
- Proven passion for arts across a wide range of performing arts disciplines
- Knowledge network within national and global artist management touring/presentation fields
- Experience building audience loyalty and audience engagement strategies
- Excellent strategic, planning, and project management skills
- Strong fiscal knowledge and data analysis ability
- Effective interpersonal skills used to build relationships, work cooperatively and interact with a range of stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including public speaking
- More than one language would be considered an asset
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please apply online directly on the Banff Centre website: http://bit.ly/2wtnLpe
Founded in 1933, Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity is a learning organization built upon an extraordinary legacy of excellence in artistic and creative development. What started as a single course in drama has grown to become the leading global organization in arts, culture, and creativity across disciplines. From our home in the stunning Canadian Rocky Mountains, Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity aims to inspire everyone who attends our campus – artists, leaders, and thinkers – to unleash their creative potential.
If you have questions or required additional information, please contact Elizabeth Kiraga, Recruitment Manager at elizabeth_kiraga@banffcentre.