Webb Management Services is on the hunt for a new full-time, NYC-based team member to help develop feasibility studies, business plans, and strategic plans for arts facilities and organizations, as well as other related types of research and project-specific work.
We are a leading provider of advisory services for the development and operation of cultural facilities, organizations, agencies, and districts. We are a small, collaborative, family-friendly firm of four full-time employees based in NYC. Our mission is to advance the arts with sound planning and research. Our clients include municipalities, colleges and universities, nonprofit arts organizations, community and private foundations, commercial developers, economic development agencies, and various friends of the arts.
Duties + Responsibilities
Initially, the position will be focused on research and writing. This includes collection, analysis, and presentation of information related to arts audiences, organizations, facilities, and the communities where we’re active. Specific tasks might include the design and execution of surveys, the collection of secondary research from various online and offline sources, and benchmarking projects. This research will be conducted via phone, online sources, and during site visits with our clients. Additional duties will involve writing, proofreading and editing, providing marketing support, and some administrative responsibilities.
Our goal will be for this new team member to master research and analysis such that they soon become a project manager, working directly with clients and conducting business development.
Our ideal team member will have:
- Completed educational coursework in arts administration, business, or an arts-related field
- Lived and learned knowledge of research practices, fundraising, financial management, marketing, organizational operations, and/or planning for the arts
- Previous work experience in the arts sector
- Analytic and problem-solving skills, including the ability to create and follow processes for effective collaboration and timely work completion
- Communication, facilitation, and presentation skills
- The ability to work independently and effectively manage deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with expert level proficiency in Excel and Powerpoint
- A willingness to travel to conduct research and meet with clients
Geographic information system (GIS) and data visualization skills are a plus
Marketing and business development experience are a plus
An eye for design and proficiency in Adobe InDesign are a plus
Spanish fluency is a plus
Webb Management Services is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, sex, age, disability, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, ancestry, political belief or activity, or status as a veteran. And we maintain a family friendly workplace.
To apply, please email resume, cover letter, references, and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until position is filled. No phone calls please.