If you haven’t seen my Facebook posting about Mrs. T, here it is:
Dear Friends: I can’t believe I’m posting this message, but…after looking at this morning’s stats, Mrs. T’s doctors now believe there is still some chance that she will start to respond to the new antibiotics, and they want to give the drugs more time to work. I was able to communicate this to Hilary, and she responded unambiguously by blinking: she’s not ready to give up. We both understand that the odds are against her, but we’re prepared to keep on fighting. I will continue to keep you posted.
And so I shall. Here’s hoping….
UPDATE: As of Tuesday morning, Mrs. T remains in critical condition but is holding fairly steady: there are no unambiguous signs either of improvement or decline. The doctors expect to have a clearer sense of things tonight. Again, I will keep you posted.