Seeing as how I’m in the process of making my professional debut as a stage director—and that the play I’m directing also happens to be the first one I’ve written—I thought it might be amusing to post a list of ten things that I’ve still yet to do.
As of today, I’ve never:
• Taken a selfie
• Worn flip-flops
• Successfully learned a foreign language (though I tried three times)
• Seen the Grand Canyon in person
• Changed a diaper
• Cooked a full-scale meal without assistance
• Read Bleak House, whether complete or abridged
• Gone camping alone in the wild, even for a single night
• Driven in excess of a hundred miles an hour
• Set foot on a cruise ship or in a casino
Hey, you never know!
* * *
UPDATE: I forgot that I posted a similar list in 2007. (Only one item appears on both lists.) Alas, I’ve done one of those things since then.