Satchmo at the Waldorf, my first play, has already been performed off Broadway and in Lenox, New Haven, Orlando, and Philadelphia. As of now, it’s set to be produced in five more American cities between now and the summer of 2016. Here’s an update on where and when you can see it:
• MAY 26-JUNE 7, 2015 The original off-Broadway production of Satchmo, starring John Douglas Thompson and directed by Gordon Edelstein, is transferring to the Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts in Beverly Hills, California. To order tickets or for more information, go here.
• JANUARY-FEBRUARY 2016 The original production will then be remounted by San Francisco’s American Conservatory Theater. For more information, go here.
• JANUARY 7-FEBRUARY 7, 2016 Chicago’s Court Theatre presents its own production of Satchmo, directed by Charles Newell. The star has not yet been announced. For more information, go here.
• FEBRUARY 18-MARCH 6, 2016 After the original production of Satchmo closes in San Francisco, it will transfer directly to Theaterworks, located on the campus of the University of Colorado, Colorado Springs. For more information, go here.
• MAY 11-JUNE 12, 2016 Florida’s Palm Beach Dramaworks presents its own production of Satchmo. The star and director have not yet been announced. For more information, go here.
Additional productions are in the works. I’ll keep you posted.