Of the new books I read and reviewed this year, these were the most memorable:
– Kevin Canty, Winslow in Love
– Caryl Philips, Dancing in the Dark
– Salman Rushdie, Shalimar the Clown
– Kelly Braffet, Josie and Jack
– Nadeem Aslam, Maps for Lost Lovers
– Michael Ruhlman, House: A Memoir
Ruhlman is the exception here for contributing the only nonfiction title and for being the author whose other books I wasted the least time in acquiring–I believe Amazon had my order before I had finished off House. More on the delightful Mr. Ruhlman very soon–he has provided all of my pleasure reading for the last little while, I’m a little fixated on his work, and I’m in the middle of writing a long post about why. With any luck at all, I’ll get it up here tomorrow night. With a bit more luck, I’ll find time to say a little something about all of the titles listed above shortly thereafter. Stay tuned.