(1) The computer is the worst enemy of a workaholic with a chest cold.
(2) The iPod is his best friend (especially if he sleeps in a loft).
(3) Don’t watch Red Rock West when you have a fever.
(4) Good movies for invalids: Barbershop, Clueless, Defending Your Life, Speed. (Did you realize that Clueless is now ten years old? Wow.) Also good: Nero Wolfe, Patrick O’Brian, twice- and thrice-read theatrical biographies.
(5) Soup gets tiresome.
(6) Insofar as possible, don’t let unwashed dishes pile up in the sink. The resulting spectacle is depressing and inhibits recovery.
(7) If you have to choose between staying dirty and taking a cold shower, take the shower.
(8) There is no truer friend than the one who offers to run errands for you.
(9) When buying groceries under the influence of antihistamines, don’t just look at the pictures–read the labels.
(10) All cabbies are sadistic psychopaths. Show no weakness!
(11) Yours is not the only blog in the ‘sphere.