- Anne Bogart's SITI Company June 15-19
- Emio Greco / PC May 19-22
- KT Niehoff's Lingo dancetheater May 12-14
- Seattle Chamber Players May 1,2
- Antony and the Johnsons / Devendra Banhart / CocoRosie/ William Basinski April 22,23
- Northwest New Works Festival April 3,4 & 9,10
- OtB's Music Matters Weekend March 4-6, 2005
- Maureen Whiting Company February 17-19, 2005
- John Jasperse Company February 3-6, 2005
- Foot In Mouth & locust January 20-22, 2005
- Michelle Ellsworth January 12-16, 2005
- Sarah Rudinoff Dec 9-19, 2004
- David Gordon Nov 11-13, 2004
- Lone Twin Oct 20-24, 2004
- Mary Sheldon Scott / Jarrad Powell Performance October 7-9
- Akira Kasai September 24-26, 2004
- Pinkk September 9-11, 2004
We hope to spark discussions between our bloggers and members of our audience - the people who most care about the work you see here at OtB.
But what if our bloggers write negative things about our work? Actually, we expect there will be criticism; we're very critical ourselves. But part of being an organization dedicated to contemporary performance is experimenting. And sometimes experiments don't work out. It's only by trying new things and seeing what works and what doesn't that better art gets made. If we don't make mistakes and miscalculations, then we're not taking enough chances.
Art should move you. Good art should make your blood boil. Great art should grab ahold of your soul and compel you to respond. No reaction is the worst kind of failure for an artist. Unfortunately, for most of us, there are too few opportunities to get embroiled in passionate discussion about art.
So with that in mind, we hope that Blog the Boards will be the kind of place where our artists and audience can express their passion about the work. Only one request: Let's not make this personal, okay? Express an opinion, but we won't publish personal attacks.
Welcome to our great experiment.
Add a comment to one of our blogs