Brevard Music Center seeks a visionary and dynamic artistic leader to implement the teaching mission of the organization and the musical vision of the Artistic Director. The Director of Artistic Planning & Educational Programs oversees student recruitment, enrollment and financial aid, collaborates in selecting seasonal faculty, repertoire, and guest artists, sets the summer performance schedule, programs and manages the Parker Concert Hall series and BMC Presents, and hires and supervises seasonal campus life, production, and artistic operations staff.
- The Artistic Planning function will develop and lead the implementation and oversight of the year-round concert schedule, repertoire, guest artists and conductors, BMC Presents programming, and all performance-related details.
- The Educational Programs function is responsible for student recruitment and enrollment, the curriculum, program development, faculty management, and overall student experience.
- In service of these goals the Director of Artistic Planning & Educational Programs should be an energetic, strategic, and creative thinker, possess a high level of emotional intelligence, and be deeply committed to training the next generation of participants in the art forms of classical, jazz, and popular music. The candidate should possess superior written and verbal skills and be able to write compellingly about all kinds of music.
- Hire, train, and supervise Program Director, Director of Admissions & Student Services, Artistic Coordinator, and Director of Production. With Artistic Director, supervise Director of Opera.
- Oversee and manage budget for Instruction & Performance department to ensure that the program costs are allocated appropriately and used according to plan. Work with the financial management team to conduct financial analyses and review expenses to confirm appropriate usage of funds.
Visit brevardmusic.org/employment for the full description.