The Director, Sales & Customer Relations leads all sales and customer relations functions of the Miami City Ballet to achieve both short and long-term budget, revenue and customer relations goals. This position operationalizes company brand strategy and audience development goals through effective leadership of the Box Office, Audience Services (in-bound call center), Group Sales, Telesales (out-bound sales), Database Management and the MCB Store. This individual is highly analytical, strategic, and precise, balanced with excellent training and mentorship ability.
Job Title: Director of Sales & Customer Relations
Department: Marketing & Communications
Reports to: Chief Marketing Officer
Sales Strategy & Management
- Set strategic goals for retail and ticket sales, customer relations (including customer satisfaction and customer service) and develop and implement the tactical plans required to achieve those goals.
- Work closely with other MCB functions to develop new sales channels and customers, and maintain consistent customer interaction, messaging and brand identity.
- Ensure/oversee quality of season set-up, renewals, and venue builds.
- Work closely with Marketing team to support internet sales and customer engagement goals
- Produce and maintain settlement for all performances; oversee and ensure the integrity of subscription reports.
- Oversee Group Sales fulfillment to achieve revenue goals and objectives.
- Work with staff to create effective up-selling processes for ticket and retail sales.
- Evaluate progress based on loyalty and satisfaction metrics (renewal and reactivation rates for subscriptions, new to file retention and multi-buyer rates for tickets, and net promoter scores).
- Support interdepartmental teams with interpretation and utilization of CRM database information.
- Attend interdepartmental team meetings and serve as team leader for Tessitura oriented projects, to ensure enterprise-wide consistency of standards.
- Work closely with Database Manager to improve data-mining, data management and ticketing processes
Revenue Management & Analytics
- Work with CMO to optimize revenue and inventory management; manage pricing strategy, and develop revenue projections and forecasting for all productions.
- Supervise the development and maintenance of reporting tools, analytics and processes as necessary for all key sales and operational indexes.
- Handle cash flow projections by season and by month and maintain a tracker of actuals to projections.
Customer Relations & Satisfaction
- Deliver high quality service in a cost-effective manner and increase total MCB revenue streams through the integration of all customer touch points.
- Oversee all development and implementation of customer service policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all customer inquiries and complaints are handled effectively and within established customer satisfaction policies. Regularly track and analyze customer inquiries and complaints to determine weaknesses and develop solutions to optimize operating environment.
- With Company Manager, act as liaison between the Ballet and the venue with regards to customer service and in-venue needs. Communicate any service issues to the Front of House Manager.
Call Center Management
- Closely monitor sales and expenses, tracking by category (single tickets, multi, new, renewing subscriptions) and recommend improvements.
- Work with Call Center Manager to create a tracker for aggressive goals based on historical sales and peer performance, as well as specific promotions and calendar anomalies.
- Constantly improve close rate and upgrades; determine most cost-effective staff incentives.
Department & Collaboration
- Work effectively with venues to develop a strong partnership to meet revenue and budget goals, provide consistent and quality service, and maintain good employee relations.
- Develop and maintain an effective department through proper selection, training, assignment, and performance management of personnel.
- Liaise with box office managers at MCB’s other venues to ensure consistency and quality of service.
- BS in business management highly preferred
- Minimum 10 years progressive business and management experience with strong experience in sales/customer service in medium to large venue or event management (cultural performing arts, college, sports, entertainment, etc.) environment.
- Strong ticketing and subscription-based sales management experience.
- In-depth knowledge of ticketing applications, preferably Tessitura.
- Track record of successful experience implementing and improving customer relations and sales areas of business, preferably with high-end customer base.
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent problem-solver and critical thinker.
- Computer proficiency with strong financial/workflow analysis skill.
- Solid leadership and management skills with demonstrable ability to hire, train, develop, and motivate full time staff size.
- Effective delegation and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills with ability to effectively present and influence up, down and across the organization in both formal and informal business settings.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams and to participate effectively as a team member.
- Wiling to work evenings and weekends as required
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Miami City Ballet seeks to develop and nurture its diversity. Miami City Ballet is committed to maintaining an inclusive community that recognizes and values the inherent worth and dignity of every person; fosters tolerance, sensitivity, understanding, and mutual respect. Miami City Ballet is an EEO employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.