Artis—Naples is the premier destination for the visual and performing arts in Southwest Florida. We are driven to inspire, educate and entertain by presenting world-class events that enrich our community. With the generous support of our patrons, we offer a unique range of programs — including music, film, dance, comedy, lectures and exhibitions featuring internationally acclaimed artists. Our interdisciplinary approach cultivates a broader appreciation for art in its many forms.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned)
- Responsible for internal and external communication initiatives, ensuring deadlines are met and proofing procedures are observed
- Oversee content, production and publication of monthly program books and the annual report. Write majority of content, delegating where appropriate.
- Develop and implement a vigorous content marketing strategy that supports and drives ticket sales and contributions through positive stories profiling upcoming Artis—Naples events and featured artists, exhibitions, community engagement activities, education programs, etc.
- Work with Multimedia Web Designer to ensure communications voice and content reflects overall strategy
- Provide direction and oversight to ensure Artis—Naples receives the best and broadest media exposure for the full range of its activities locally, nationally and internationally.
- Serve as primary day-to-day media contact on behalf of Artis—Naples, including on-site media relations during shows, events and performances and media ticketing efforts.
- Responsible for all organization press releases and press monitoring
- Maximize press relationships, managing internal and external communications, and generating a high volume of press for the organization in the local and regional media markets to support Artis—Naples’ ticket and contributed revenue objectives.
- Manage research and write press releases, calendars, fact sheets, institutional materials and other materials for both internal and external constituents.
- Coordinate and manage social media paid and organic presence for Artis—Naples, staying updated on current trends. Suggest e-communications strategies for content sharing and revenue generation. Analyze ROI of social media marketing and report regularly on results.
- Effectively communicate the Artis—Naples brand and all its constituent parts and institutional values
- Work closely with the Artis—Naples education department to generate regional and national coverage for the center’s ever-broadening education and community engagement programs.
- Assist VP Marketing and Digital Initiatives with developing and implementing strategy that furthers relations with a broad range of community and civic groups in SW Florida, with goals of improving brand awareness and increasing ticket sales and attendance.
- Observe safety requirements. Reports safety issues and items requiring work orders to Supervisor or Safety & Security.
- Work effectively with all Artis—Naples team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or public relations.
- Minimum six years’ senior-level experience in communications or public relations
- Experience working with major non-profit arts organization preferred
- Publications experience including determining editorial schedules, superior editing and writing skills
- Proven experience using self-generated content to drive conversation about concerts, performances, events or organization as an alternative to traditional media
- Microsoft Office products