The idea of attending the opera intimidates many people. How do you ease their fears, increase their comfort level, and guide their experience? For opera enthusiasts, how do you help them dive deeper into the art they love? Can you do both at the same time?
Pittsburgh Opera strives to engage audiences with high-impact experiences. In 2018, they embarked on a ground-breaking project to make opera less daunting for new audiences and share deeper insights with opera lovers. Throughout the 2018-19 season, Pittsburgh Opera delivered visual and audio commentary to patrons’ mobile devices. And they did it during performances.
This multimedia case study explores Pittsburgh Opera’s new approach to audience engagement:
- Why did they decide to stream commentary during performances?
- What do they hope to achieve?
- How do they create commentary to complement opera?
- How do they deliver it without distracting from the performance?
- How have audiences responded to streaming commentary?
Read the case study at https://learn.instantencore.com/pghoperacasestudy