Teach scheduled classes including set design, lighting design, and technical theater arts classes, and perform related duties as assigned, including timely compliance with clerical and administrative responsibilities.
FULL TIME INSTRUCTOR, THEATER ARTS
Victor Valley College
Opening Date/Time: Fri. 04/26/19 12:00 AM Pacific Time
Closing Date/Time: Mon. 05/27/19 11:59 PM Pacific Time
Salary: $53,955.00 – $113,197.00 Annually
Job Type: Full-time
Department: Instruction – Humanities, Arts, Social Sciences
FLSA: Exempt position, not eligible for overtime compensation.
**Application Deadline: May 27, 2019**
10-Month Tenure Track Position
Initial salary placement ranges from $53,955 to $84,493, based upon education and experience. The current faculty salary schedule includes five classes and twenty steps with a maximum annual salary of $113,197. A District-paid comprehensive benefit package which includes medical, dental and vision insurances for the employee and dependents, and a $50,000 employee life insurance policy are provided. For the most updated information please visit our benefits web page.
Appointment to this position is subject to availability of funds. Salary schedule subject to change.
- Teach scheduled classes including set design, lighting design, and technical theater arts classes, and perform related duties as assigned, including timely compliance with clerical and administrative responsibilities
- Planning, assessing, and evaluating Student Learning Outcomes and Program Learning Outcomes.
- Collaborate with colleagues in program review and curriculum development, and participate in other departmental functions.
- Participate in staff development activities.
- Serve on area and college-wide committees as necessary to support and enrich the Theater Arts program.
- Promote the success of a diverse student population through careful preparation of course materials and effective teaching methodologies.
- Provide critical and timely feedback on all assignments.
- Comply with District policies and procedures in the performance of all duties.
Master’s or Master of Fine Arts in drama/theater arts/performance OR Bachelor’s or Bachelor of Fine Arts in drama/theater arts/performance AND Master’s in comparative literature, English, communication studies, speech, literature or humanities OR the equivalent.
Must have sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
- Experience teaching theater arts in a community college.
- Experience teaching technical theater classes.
- Experience teaching set construction, scene shop safety, scene painting
- Ability to teach how to use computers with set design and lighting design.
We will be using the guidelines set by the Academic Affairs Division of the Chancellor’s Office, California Community Colleges. See their website http://www.cccco.edu/ for the most current minimum qualifications for faculty in California Community Colleges. The Minimum Qualifications for Faculty and Administrators in California Community Colleges handbook can be viewed at:
If you feel you have equivalent qualifications, please review the supplemental information for equivalent qualifications. See website regarding the equivalency process: http://www.vvc.edu/offices/human_resources/faculty-equivalency-qualifications.shtml
Submit your request for equivalency ONLY IF your education and/or experience are different, but equivalent, to the minimum qualifications stated in the job announcement. If you have additional questions please contact Human Resources directly at (760) 245-4271 Ext. 2486.
Some specialized courses may require specific certificates (must meet minimum content requirements specified by outside/other agencies based on accreditation).
Office, classroom, lab and/or on-line environment. Position requires ability to communicate and exchange information. The assignment may include day, weekend, and/or evening classes on campus and/or at off campus locations.
Knowledge and Abilities:
To be considered a candidate for this position, all materials required should be received at the Victor Valley College Office of Human Resources by the First Review Date of May 27, 2019. Application materials will be accepted after this date, however, if a file is not complete by the First Review Date, the application may not be considered by the Screening Committee.
This recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies.
You may check your status at any time by logging into Victor Valley College Online Application Site at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/vvc/ with your username and password.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that all requested materials are received. All materials included in the application packet become District property, will not be returned, and will not be copied.
All information qualifying an applicant for the position must be included on the Victor Valley College Application. To assist the District in determining whether an applicant meets the minimum requirements, descriptions of an applicant’s present and past job duties should include details pertinent to the position for which he/she is applying.
Applicants may be notified by email during any phase of this recruitment regarding status.
If it is unclear whether an applicant meets the minimum qualifications for the position from the application, that applicant will be disqualified.
It is not unusual for the District to receive hundreds of applications for a position. For this reason, it is advantageous to make the application as easy to review as possible.
Candidates wishing to apply for more than one position must apply for each position separately.
A complete file consists of all of the following:
- A completed Victor Valley College application electronic form
- A letter expressing interest in the position
- A current resume
- Copies of transcripts showing college degrees and coursework. NOTE: Degrees must be from an accredited institution. It is the responsibility of the candidate to include U.S. evaluations of non-U.S. transcripts with their application by agencies approved by the Commission for Foreign Transcripts Evaluation . List of agencies approved by the Commission for Foreign Transcript Evaluation is available at: https://www.ctc.ca.gov/docs/default-source/leaflets/cl635.pdf?sfvrsn=bb4f6e6a_2
- Three (3) or more current letters of recommendation from persons having firsthand knowledge of the applicant’s professional qualifications, character, etc.
- Supplemental Application for Equivalent Qualifications (only if applicable, please see section on Minimum Qualifications)
Victor Valley College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Victor Valley College prohibits sexual harassment and assures that all employees will enjoy equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. Employment acceptance or rejection shall be based on job-related qualifications.
To Apply https://apptrkr.com/1448685
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.