The Office of Arts + Cultural Programming at Montclair State University is seeking a full time Media and Marketing Director responsible for the promotion of each of ACP’s programs by effectively communicating those activities locally, regionally, nationally and often worldwide.
By virtue of its internationally acclaimed series PEAK Performances, the Office of Arts + Cultural Programming (ACP) has become a leading advocate for contemporary artists worldwide. By producing and presenting international artists at Montclair State University, ACP ensures that diverse performance ideas are fully realized without compromise. Integral to its mission is its mandate to encourage audiences on and off campus to be adventurous and responsive to unconventional performance experiences. The Media and Marketing Director is responsible for the promotion of each of ACP’s programs by effectively communicating those activities locally, regionally, nationally and often worldwide. The position will oversee Audience Services and the Alexander Kasser Theater Box Office.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create, manage and implement a comprehensive media and marketing strategy, including budget and associated earned income goals in support of PEAK Performances annual season at the Alexander Kasser Theater
- Provide marketing support for ACP’s varied Creative Campus initiatives including the Creative Thinking course and the Performing Arts Research Lab (PeARL).
- Collaborate regularly with key ACP staff and related campus units to ensure clear and accurate interpretation of the organization’s vision and direction.
- Expand audience awareness of PEAK Performances within New Jersey and beyond through targeted digital and conventional marketing strategies.
- Coordinate digital and social media initiatives across multiple platforms, including administration of program’s website.
- Plan and disseminate e-marketing tools.
- Oversee the development of marketing materials for performances under the auspices of the College of the Arts.
- •Enhance public profile of the Alexander Kasser Theater as a unique state of the art performance facility. Cultivation of relationships with community and campus public information sources, optimization of the patron and donor experience.
- Manage the day to day activities of staff supporting marketing and media services including professional vendors, service providers and consultants.
- Direct market research process to assess customer and community perceptions and determine new markets for PEAK Performances.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Management retains the right to add or change job duties at any time.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Applicants must have graduated from an accredited college with a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree
- Proven knowledge of the performing arts with emphasis on current trends in the fields of Dance, Music, Theater and Opera
- Minimum six years of experience in marketing and media relations especially for the performing arts
- Recent examples of media and marketing campaigns undertaken and completed and its results
- Management experience with media and marketing budgets
- Experience and knowledge of working with New Jersey performing arts media outlets and their practices
- Hands-on creation and execution of web-based social networking and internet marketing campaigns
- Copy writing experience
- Pro-active problem solving ability in the face of changing conditions
- Excellent communications skills
- Experience supervising people
- Night and weekend work in accordance with ACP performance and event schedule
- Comfortable in fast paced work environment
- Advanced degree or certificate in arts management, communications, marketing or related field of study
- Experience working with a major university performing arts program, or with a large scale performing arts organization
- Direct experience with ticketing services and systems
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience