The Director of Development occupies a leadership position at Antaeus. The successful candidate will enthusiastically embrace the theater’s work, and convey its value to the community. In close collaboration with the Executive Director, the DOD creates and implements a fundraising plan to achieve annual and special project fundraising goals. They oversee leadership giving, annual giving, foundation grants, corporate sponsorships, planned giving, and special events.
The position reports to and collaborates extensively with the ED, Ana Rose O’Halloran, and interacts with members of the Board and theater staff to execute a strategic fundraising program. The DOD manages the Communications Coordinator on annual fund activities.
- In collaboration with the ED, establish and implement a strategic and comprehensive development plan to support the operating needs of the theater
- Lead fundraising in all areas including individual, foundation, corporate and government sources:
- Identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward individual prospects; provide ongoing stewardship of existing donors; design and implement cultivation and stewardship events to develop, attract, and retain donors
- Oversee the Communications Coordinator to execute the annual fund; continuously assess processes and results; oversee solicitation materials and donor acknowledgements
- Research and personally write large or significant grant applications; oversee grant administration and reporting
- Develop innovative strategies to identify and cultivate corporate sponsorships
- Work with the Executive Director to motivate and strengthen the Board in its development role; expand and manage the Board’s involvement in fundraising activities; staffs the Development Committee for the Board of Directors
- Represent the organization in the community at events, with other organizations, and individuals; develops and maintains relationships with community decision makers and donor organizations
- Develop the case for support for Antaeus’s artistic and education programs
- At least five years of professional development experience, preferably in the arts.
- Demonstrated ability to close five-figure and six-figure gifts, and ideally should be experienced with special campaigns and planned giving.
- Appreciates and is enthusiastic about fundraising for theatre and the important role that cultural organizations play in the life of a vibrant community. Must be comfortable working in a growing, fast-paced intimate theater environment.
- Must be extremely organized, adept at planning, setting priorities, and focusing on the details while not losing sight of the big picture.
- The successful candidate must be a true collaborator and possess the ability to work in a team environment.
- Confident, personable, and positive individual with a sense of humor who works effectively with Board members, donors, and colleagues.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including strong presentation skills.
- Technical Knowledge – must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and comfortable using database software.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
All employees at the Antaeus Theatre Company undertake other duties as needed and all positions require flexible work hours, including evening and weekends. This is a full-time, exempt position with health and vacation benefits.
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com with the subject “Director of Development Application”.