Reading on Slipped Disc yesterday that the freed Russian oligarch had wanted nothing more in his jail years than to attend a classical concert, Toccata label owner Martin Anderson promptly sent a batch of new releases to his hotel in Berlin.
He chose an esoteric set, knowing that Khodorkovsky would listen with fresh ears.
· Ashton Cello Sonatas Vol. 1
· Ernst Violin Concerto, Concertino and Quartet
· Facco Pensieri Adriarmonici Vol. 1
· Martinů Early orchestral music
· Nikolai Tcherepnin Piano music
· Telemann Harmonischer Gottes-Dienst Vol. 5
Lovely gesture, Martin!