Too good to miss: Sviatoslav Richter accompanies his wife

Nina Dorliak is singing a romance by Glinka. Breath-taking.

richter-nina3

Comments

1. We’re they actually married? There seems some doubt in the matter.

2. Tully Potter says:

Lovely.

3. James Brinton says:

Lovely!

4. Dorliac was Richter’s companion, but not his wife.

5. Carlos Aransay says:

Nina Dorliak was a fabulous teacher who trained some Latin American young singers,who went on to become heads of vocal faculties in music universities and have continued her singing school over there. I have witnessed the quality of such singers. She is very respected in Cuba, for instance.

6. Petros Linardos says:

Very special. Thank you so much for posting it.

7. Joel Stein says:

not really his wife

8. Very beautiful and in my opinion not the run of the mill that one usually hears from Slavic sopranos. Nina’s mother Ksenia was a famous singer who also happened to be the teacher of Solomon Khromchenko, the Bolshoi tenor, with whom I had the honor of studying.

9. Fabio Fabrici says:

Absolutely beautiful and most refined singing. Her voice and technique reminds me a bit of Elisabeth Grümmer.

10. Mike Schachter says:

Lovely song and singing. Glinka wrote some really fine songs, years ago there was a recital by Sergei Leferkus calle A Farewell to St Petersburg which was superb.

11. Gabor Fuchs says:

Beautiful singing!
    During my student years in Moscow Conservatory(1966-1972) I frequently found Richter in my teacher s Yakov Milshtein s Nezhdanovoy Street apartment playing different pieces(( including Liszt s Sonata in B minor,Mussorgsky s Pictures of an exhibition)
    It was a great pleasure to listen to his playing from Yakov Isaakivich s kitchen!

12. Rosana Martins says:

She had a beautiful voice and wonderful technique!
    As for some remarks, during all the years I saw Richter at his Festival de la Grange de Meslay, Nina was present. I never thought someone one day would ask about their marital status…

13. Nora nekko says:

They both did Debussy in1958. Buy a Richter in Hungary box. I paid $200 and extra but I can’t enjoy youtube sound.

14. BOb Burns says: