New video: World’s hottest violinist on Dancing with the Stars

Lindsay Stirling has made it big time. After a self-released crossover hit – 100,000 sales and counting – and a new deal with Lady Gaga’s manager, Lindsay made it last night onto the show that introduced Katherine Jenkins to couch-potato America. Just watch those moves.

lindsey-stirling-650-430

Next top – we kid you not – Vienna. Mit Violine und Dubstep, as they say.

Comments

1. José Lastarria says:

I think I’m going to be violently sick.

• Norman- you have juxtaposed some beautiful enconiums on the passing of a great artist and teacher with something that desperately needs a strong colonic or purgative, but I guess it’s all representative of our cultural life- “the good, the bad and the ugly”.

2. John Soloninka says:

Norman…your pet peeve may be Katherine Jenkins….but as a violinist, this gal leaves a LOT more to be desired than Jenkins does as a singer! She doesn’t come close to even those in her genre like Vanessa Mae, Lucia Miccarelli, or Christine Wu (rock side), let alone classical musicians. Lots of long slow detache….with a few violinistic licks thrown in here and there…sounding like a synthesized video game theme trailer. Oh…that reminds me, Angelle Dubous (sp?), as a classical violinist, did a great job on video game themes!

• Emil Archambault says:

Angèle Dubeau. Incidentally, she’s getting treated for breast cancer now; she says she’ll be back playing in September.

3. Dr. Marc Villeger says:

Yet still some publicity… QED

4. Spanish violinist Quike Navarro – classically trained in the US, now working out of Malaga as a jazz-improv player – blows this lady out of the water!

Video:

Website:

• Timon Wapenaar says:

Quike’s not bad, but if you’re going to go with “Tantz Yiddelkh”, you need some more of kvetchink und krekhtchink, methinks.

5. Hilltowner says:

I’ve definitely seen hotter violinists!

6. Timon Wapenaar says:

Every time someone mentions Lindsey Stirling, I sublimate all the violence the thought of those cheesy licks calls forth into a blood-curdling cry: ALTAN URAG!