You thought there were bureaucrats in your office? The following memo has just gone out to staff at the magnificent NCPA.
Translation (c) Slipped Disc.
“Standard Guideline of Office Area” regulated in March 2013
1. Each employee is allocated three storage boxes. Books and magazines should be aligned in rows.
2. The telephone set shoud be put at the left side on the desk. The cup, glass and pen container at the right side.
3. Each monitor is allocated with a dust cover. One has to put on the dust cover after turning off the computer before going off duty.
4. Things not related to work should not be put on the desk, and absolutely not under the desk.
5. Sort stuff in the desk drawer folliwing the order of inside to outside, left to right and high to low. The lowest drawer is reserved for personal stuff.
Align things in the cabinet in the order from left to right and from high to low. Files should be put into file folders with unified tags.
III. Wall and Window Sill
1. The bottom of a hanging frame should be 1.5 metres above floor with maximum frame length 60cm. Content in the frame should be related to work.
2. The clock is expected to be hung above the door.
3. No stuff on window sill. Window glass should be kept clean and clear.
IV. Other Area
1. No exposed power line or power socket according to unified regulation.
2. No green plant, no ash tray, no personal garment.
3. Floor should be kept neat with dust bins unifiedly placed.