Ever done bareback Schumann? Watch this

It’s Khatia Buniatshvili in Frankfurt…. make that Frankfront, and not much behind.

Comments

1. Wow! I like her! What does she do for a living? And it must be cold in that hall. She’s with Hessians that play find harmonic progressions!

2. Nice to see leather skins on the timps — it makes all the difference to the sound.

3. My untutored take on it is that it is very fine playing- at times just a little bit mannered, for example in the beginning slow them and when the same returns, but not offensively so, and at other times quite sensitive to what is happening in the writing, but with solid technique and good momentum throughout- and the orchestra does very well indeed. It’s a great concerto well renditioned. So, one can enjoy the musical experience without leering, right? and she is from Georgia, no? not South Carolina, right?

4. Romuald Sztern says:

“If You have got it , flaunt it ” Max Bialystock would have loved this outfit.

5. Is this a minor?

• What I wanted to say is if this is a minor it would be illegal.

• Good joke! (The piece Is in A minor for those who missed the subtlety). I have heard far better performances of this piece from people younger than this woman. Come to think of it, I don’t think I have ever heard a performance I like less than this one by any pianist of any age.

• William Safford says:

Yes — it”s a minor, although the 2nd movement is F Major and the last movement A Major.

6. Michael Redmond says:

So? She’s a nice-looking young woman with a fine figure. Let her wear what she pleases. If the point here is that such concert attire may be distracting to some, let them close their eyes or focus them on something else. We’re in what century now?

7. I am enchanted by this presentation. Well-directed video, and I find the interpretation to be captivating. Behind this magnificent artist is a wise and experienced team of management and producers who have, obviously, offered brilliant advice, and thankfully so, because the result affords even the internet-cruising sports fan the opportunity to be drawn into the supportive fold along with the rest of us who have often appreciated this masterpiece as rendered by so many other artistic hands over the years.

8. Did they run put of material?

9. Michael Endres says:

Poor old Schumann……….but the back is impressive.

10. William Safford says:

What a lovely performance. I hope she chooses to travel to the U.S. to give more concerts here.

Are those German-system clarinets in the orchestra? I like the sound.

11. Aha…the orchestra must be getting an eyeful.

12. Norman: we who like and approve of your work expect better of you.

Some interesting news. I have received an E-Mail inviting me to the debut concert of Benjamin Zander’s Boston Youth Philharmonic Orchestra, on Sunday, November 25thThe event is sponsored by Ambassador Sweenee Hunt (to where I don’t know), and we are all invited back to her residence in Cambridge that night for dinner
    This may be because I was very vocal in my support of Zander during the February crisis. Once in awhile “radicalism” is rewarded.

13. Dr. Marc Villeger says:

The apotheose of taste -fashion and playing-.

14. Clyde McConnell says:

I believe there’s a “i” missing from her name.

Amazon.ca offers us a disk of her playing the work of “Lis”!

15. Ichtrinkkeinwein says:

She was in Munich seven months ago, for the Grieg, as I recall. Good performance, ideal posture. Black dress, same cut. Phenomenal walk, short legs. Sincere thanks and smiles all round.