March 6, 2014
So you want to see a show?
Here's my list of recommended Broadway, off-Broadway, and out-of-town shows, updated weekly. In all cases, I gave these shows favorable reviews (if sometimes qualifiedly so) in The Wall Street Journal when they opened. For more information, click on the title.
• A Gentleman's Guide to Love & Murder (musical, PG-13, reviewed here)
• Matilda (musical, G, all performances sold out last week, reviewed here)
• No Man's Land/Waiting for Godot (drama, PG-13, playing in rotating repertory, closes Mar. 30, reviewed here)
• Once (musical, G/PG-13, some performances sold out last week, reviewed here)
• Avenue Q (musical, R, adult subject matter and one show-stopping scene of puppet-on-puppet sex, reviewed here)
• The Fantasticks (musical, G, suitable for children capable of enjoying a love story, reviewed here)
• London Wall (serious comedy, PG-13, closes Apr. 13, reviewed here)
• Middle of the Night (drama, PG-13, closes Mar. 29, reviewed here)
CLOSING SUNDAY IN ORLANDO, FLA.:
• The Life and Adventures of Nicholas Nickleby, Parts I and II (drama, G/PG-13, playing in rotating repertory, reviewed here)
Posted March 6, 2014 11:00 AM