Ballet Arizona is seeking a School Director to be responsible for the leadership and management of the School of Ballet Arizona. The School Director is accountable to Ballet Arizona’s Artistic Director with areas of oversight including the Children’s Lower and Upper Divisions, Pre-Professional programs, Summer Intensive, and Studio Company.
Responsibilities Include but are Not Limited to:
- Ensure the Artistic Excellence of the School at a national level standard in training dancers for the Company, for other dance companies, and in providing quality dance instruction
- Supervise the Studio Company including rehearsals, hiring, auditions, counseling and mentoring
- Monitor the dance curriculum
- Teach and rehearse in the school as necessary
- Create schedules and design curriculum for upcoming seasons
- Ensure that all programs support the mandate of the school including
– Artistic programs
– Academic programs
– Career counseling
- Assist with the staging, rehearsals and performances of School of Ballet Arizona students in School productions and Ballet Arizona productions including Nutcracker.
- In conjunction with the Artistic Director, Executive Director, School Manager and other senior staff, create and maintain a long range planning program for the school including development and school programs
- Effectively communicate with the students, parents, artistic and administrative staff
- Engage with the Ballet Arizona Board of Directors and subcommittee related to the School of Ballet Arizona
Budgeting and Revenue Generation
- Assist and advise on grant applications and budgets as necessary
- Continually seek opportunities for increased revenue generation
- Continually seek to achieve the greatest possible cost efficiency and the most effective use of expense budget
- Work with Finance and Administration to successfully develop and achieve budget goals.
- • Ensure that all communications, strategies and actions support, protect and nurture the brand of Ballet Arizona
Service and Relationships
- Support, at the direction of the Artistic Director and staff, the Company with young artists when required and whenever possible
- Work cooperatively and communicate with artistic staff, production, development, accounting, and marketing. Ensure that highly effective service is delivered.
- Set objectives and provide feedback to staff regularly and through annual performance evaluations
- Continually develop, maintain and evaluate best operational policies of the School of Ballet Arizona through example and communication
- Participate as a member of the senior management team
- Other duties or special projects as assigned by the Artistic Director
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Experienced ballet teacher with experience in a professional ballet company
- Staff Management skills
- Project management and program planning skills
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- Team leader and team player
Reporting to this Position are the School Manager, School Registrar, School Teachers, School Pianists, and the ASA Dance Program Manager
Applications are being accepted through September 15, 2017. Send cover letter, CV, and any other support desired for consideration to: email@example.com. No telephone calls will be accepted.
For full job description, visit our website: