UK seeks a dynamic and passionate faculty member to join the Arts Administration Program team. The program offers both undergraduate and graduate degrees to approximately 150 students annually. The Program values innovation in pedagogical models and the advancement of research in the field of Arts Administration.
Lecturer in Arts Administration will teach courses within the core curriculum of the Arts Administration Program, serve as Director of Undergraduate Studies, supervise student internships and practicum activities, and hold administrative responsibilities for the Arts Administration Program.
The faculty member will also serve as the academic advisor to a portion of the undergraduate students in the Arts Administration Program, and will participate in the Program’s general administration functions.
Finally, the faculty member will provide service, as requested, to the College and University, and nonprofit arts organizations and related organizations in the Commonwealth of Kentucky and beyond.
I. Teaching, Advising and Instructional Activities
The faculty member will:
- Teach undergraduate courses as assigned (9-10 credit hours per semester) including face-to-face and online courses
- Serve as the Director of Undergraduate Studies
- Supervise all undergraduate student practicums and internships
- Advise undergraduate students each semester as assigned
- Develop online/hybrid courses in Arts Administration
- Assume other duties as assigned
II. Program, College, University and Professional Service
The faculty member will:
- Participate in course and program-level assessment processes
- Assist in the Program’s administration through activities such as recruiting students, participating in curriculum development and revisions, preparing evaluative reports, developing new undergraduate degree options, and raising awareness of the Program’s activities
- Serve on committees for the College and University and provide advice and support to nonprofit arts organizations and related organizations in the commonwealth of Kentucky and beyond, as requested
The appointee will meet the following criteria for teaching, research, and service:
- Masters degree (e.g. MA, MS, MFA) in arts administration or equivalent required
- Minimum three (3) years professional experience as an arts administrator required
- One (1) year college-level teaching experience preferred
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team-based environment
To apply for job #51023325, submit a UK Online Application at www.uky.edu/ukjobs or the direct link to the postinghttp://ukjobs.uky.edu/
Please submit the following application materials:
- CV/Resume highlighting all teaching and arts administration experience
- Cover letter which identifies a minimum of four (4) courses from the undergraduate curriculum (available atfinearts.uky.edu/
artsadministration) which you would be qualified to teach
- Three references with complete contact information
Review of applicants begins on February 27, 2015. Position will remain open until filled.
The University of Kentucky is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from minorities and women.