Florida International University is recognized as a Carnegie engaged university. Its colleges and schools offer more than
180 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs in fields such as engineering, international relations, architecture, law and
medicine. As one of South Florida’s anchor institutions, FIU is Worlds Ahead in its local and global engagement, finding
solutions to the most challenging problems of our time. FIU emphasizes research as a major component of its mission.
FIU has awarded 200,000 degrees and enrolls more than 50,000 students in two campuses and three centers including FIU
Downtown on Brickell and the Miami Beach Urban Studios. FIU is a member of Conference USA and has 400 studentathletes
participating in 18 sports. For more information about FIU, visit http://www.fiu.edu/.
The Director of Development serves as the frontline fundraiser for the Patricia and Phillip (PPFAM). Identifies, expands,
diversifies, and cultivates relationships with prospective and existing donors, in order to successfully close gifts and
continue the development of the relationship with the University.
- Strongly support the mission and vision of the Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum (PPFAM) and assist in
developing the strategic fundraising direction.
- Cultivate and expand current corporate, foundation, and individual support through stewardship, other giving
opportunities, and by moving donors up the giving ladder.
- Grow the Museum’s endowments by developing a planned giving program to obtain support through wills,
bequests, and other forms of estate planning. Collaborates with University Advancement’s Estate and Planned
Giving staff in these efforts.
- Build current relationships, develop new relationships, and identify new opportunities for support. Solicits
support from previous and potential donors to the University. Meets with potential donors on campus and in the
community. Travels to local businesses and residences to meet with prospects. Attends meetings, gatherings or
University-sponsored events. Operates a motor vehicle in the performance of these duties.
- Develops, plans and implements strategies to secure gift funding of $50,000 and above from individuals,
corporations, and foundations in support of the fund-raising priorities of the University and the PPFAM. Directs
all fund-raising activities relative to the PPFAM, and works closely with the Director with fundraising activities.
Initiates, plans, drafts and coordinates the development of proposals (and other materials) for solicitation of gifts
specifically focused on the museum.
- Provides leadership in the stewardship and oversight of donations related to advancement of the PPFAM.
- Work closely with University Advancement and Museum Director to establish development and fundraising
budget goals, and ensure financial goals are being met on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Participates in university-wide prospect management, cultivation and stewardship of donors and prospects.
Develops and implements a strategic work plan that focuses on the internal and external objectives of University
Advancement and the museum.
- Develops and assists with the approval of fund-raising publications and publicity materials for all fund-raising
programs at the museum and recommends to the Director for final approval. Works with External Relations in
developing the materials.
- Serves as a liaison with volunteer groups supporting the University.
- Receives donated funds in the forms of checks or negotiable securities. Accesses confidential information
regarding gifts and donors.
- Represents the University and the PPFAM at public functions as needed. Engage in networking opportunities in
the community that will generate greater awareness of the PPFAM and increase partnership opportunities.
- Assists in the development and coordination of efforts associated with volunteer, industry, advisory boards and
programs at the Frost Art Museum. Supports industry relations efforts.
Minimum qualifications: Master’s degree in an appropriate specialization and six years of experience; or a bachelor’s
degree in an appropriate specialization and eight years of experience.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
For further information or to apply online visit our website at careers.fiu.edu and reference job opening ID # 508673.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.